Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Life and Changes.....

While this blog started out as an infertility and loss blog, as time goes on Ive changed.  Infertility and loss are still a part of my life, as I assume they will be forever, but now as the mother of a 3 year old boy and a one year old boy, Ive found my life has changed and not always for the better.

In May of 2015, when our newest edition was not even 3 months old yet, my husband was given a great opportunity to work for a company he used to work for.  That meant I had to quit my job that Id had for 10.5 years to stay home with my two boys and my disabled sister.  So Im kinda like a Stay At Home Mom/work from home mom because my job is to take care of my disabled sister as well as the kids and the house.  Ill be honest, my husband did this for 2 years and I didn't realize how hard it actually is.

My last day of work I was a mess.  I really liked my job but I was looking forward to staying home with my boys.  I said all my goodbyes, and they even gave me a cake and a card, and I made it all the way to my car before I broke down and cried the whole way home.  For over ten years that had been my identity and now it was changing.

I didn't know it at the time, but along with the change I was experiencing some serious postpartum depression.  All of a sudden I hated my life........

As I continue each day in writing it is my hope that I can help someone who is going through the same things I am...........

No comments:

Post a Comment