Thursday, March 3, 2016

Hating My New Life

I woke up on May 10th and it was Mothers Day, a day that is always hard for me as I only get to celebrate with two of my three kids.  My husband wasn't feeling well that day so he stayed home and I took my two boys to my moms house to celebrate with my parents and my in-laws.  I went there and had fun for a little while.  We opened presents and I basked in the knowledge that I had two other moms there to help me with my boys.

When we got home a few hours later it was time to feed the boys and get them ready for bed.  With my husband down for the count this is no small task.  Our two year old has speech delays so trying to communicate with him is hard (though its gotten much better over the past year with speech therapy through the school district).  Plus, he is the pickiest eater ever.  When he's throwing a tantrum and I can't help him because I don't know what he wants I just want to cry, I feel like Im failing him.  After a nighttime bottle for the little one and dinner that consisted of a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for the 2 year old I got them in their jammies and put them to bed.  My two year old had an "I don't want to brush my teeth," tantrum and I tried to explain why we brush our teeth but in the end he won and I was crying feeling like I failed him......

The next morning, Monday May 11th, was my first day as a SAHM/work from home mom and all I wanted to do was cry.  In fact I did cry most of the day......

No comments:

Post a Comment