Follow by Email

Thursday, June 28, 2012

A Feather's Story

"Last Thursday, June 21st was DH's 29th birthday.  We woke up early so that we could go get his drivers license renewed.  I woke up with terrible cramps and AF in full force.  I called my doctors office to let them know that AF had showed up marking the 21st as Day One of this cycle, what was to be our 4th IUI.  When I spoke with my nurse she told me to come in the next day for blood work and an ultrasound.  So DH and I went on about our day.

We got to the secretary of states office about 30 minutes after they opened.  We took a number, we were number 29...they were on number was sure to be a long day.  We sat there talking and playing on our phones.  We decided that after we left we were going to go to the scooter store so DH could look at scooters.  After about 20 minutes they finally called number 29.

On our way to the scooter shop we were passing a Chrysler dealership and we stopped and pulled in.  Long story short, we fell in love with a 2012 Dodge Journey and we bought it.  As we left DH said to me, "Well, now you have your SUV is there anything else I can get you?"  To which I replied, "Well, the only other thing I want I have to get at the RE's office so hopefully we will get that next month."  On the way home we stopped at the gas station (apparently only Ford now delivers cars with a full tank of gas) and, after a day of rain and sun, I looked at the sky and there was a double rainbow.

" When feathers appear, angels are near."

I woke up at 5am on the 22nd cuz I had to be at the RE's office between 6:30am-7:30am.  I got up and got ready.  Just before I left I took the dogs outside.  Sitting on the railing of our deck was a perfect feather.  It completely took me for surprise, we don't normally see feathers let alone one set so perfectly that it looked like it was put there just for me.  I honestly believe that it was Bristol telling me that its ok to start TTC again and that she will be with us.  I don't think I have ever been so hopeful or felt such at peace since Bristol died as I did at that moment.  I cried all the way to the RE's office...

So I get to the RE's office and I sit and wait for a few minutes.  They call me back for blood work and then they send me into a room for the wand ultrasound.  **Side note, am I the only one who feels the need to tuck my underwear into my pants so that the DR doesn't see them???  And why does it even matter, especially when she's about to have an up close look at my lady bits???  The ultrasound went fine and the DR said that everything looked good, that I had a corpus leutium on my right ovary and that is where I ovulated from last month, and that I have a beautiful uterus.  I just think its funny when she compliments my uterus.  She told me that they'd call me in a few hours with the results of my blood work and what dosage to start with at the Follitism.

A few hours later I got a message from the nurse at the RE's office asking me to call her back.  So I called her back and left her a message and we played phone tag for about half an hour.  When I finally got to talk to her this is what she said, "Well your progesterone was elevated to 6 so we ran a beta test and your beta is are pregnant."  I said, "What???  I don't understand.  I started my period yesterday.  Im still bleeding and having cramps." She said, "Well, is it possible you could be pregnant?"  I said, "No, I don't think so.  Im on my period and we need a DR to get pregnant."  Finally she asks, "Well, did you have sex at all this month?"  To which I replied, yes...we had sex a lot, especially around the time of ovulation.  She said that they wanted me to come back on Sunday for more blood work.  I hung up with her and my head was spinning.  I had no idea what to say, do, or think.  I called DH (luckily he was able to answer) to which I said, "You will never in a million billon years guess what the RE's office just told me."  (apparently I underestimated his ability to guess) He said, "You are pregnant."

We went back to the RE's office on Sunday for additional blood work.  My beta went up to 36.97.  I also started Heparin injections twice a day on Sunday.  When I went back on Tuesday for blood work my beta had increased to 56.  Beta levels are supposed to double every 48-72 hours.  Mine appear to be doubling about every 72 hours (thats what they did last time too).  I go back on Monday for another ultrasound and blood work.  Im praying my number go way up as they are kinda low right now.  Im trying my hardest not to worry but Id be lying if I said I wasn't terrified of a miscarriage, a chemical pregnancy, and an ectopic pregnancy.

I am trying to be positive this time and I start everyday by saying, "Today I am pregnant and I am going to enjoy every moment I have with my little one."


1 comment:

  1. hiya. I came here via infertility awareness...and let me be the first to say CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't know all of your story (but I will be linking to your page on mine so I can read your journey now! :D)
    but it just warms my heart to read when someone's who's struggled to get pregnant gets pregnant WITHOUT the help of their RE! :D