Monday, July 9, 2012

5.5 weeks.....

I know its been a while since I have written...honestly I still feel like Im in shock at this whole thing and I don't know what to say, let alone think.  We went to the RE's office last Monday and my levels were looking good.  By beta was up to 540 and we saw both the yolk sac and the gestational sac and the RE said they measured about 5.5 weeks.  I go back tomorrow morning for another ultrasound and more blood work.  I am praying that my numbers keep going up and that this baby sticks...I have found a prayer that I say as often as I can...

"This life you have given us is so tiny, fragile, and vulnerable, safe in the womb of flesh and hope, yet subject to danger and death. O God of love, creator of life, hear our prayer.  We want this baby so much.  Please grant this child of ours a full term of nurture, the joy and mystery of life, and the blessing of your love.  Grant us the fulfillment of our dreams, a baby to cherish and protect, a child to teach and to guide, a blessing to our family. Amen."

I am scared to get too excited but I already love this baby more than I can explain.  I am taking my Heparin injections twice a day (though I will admit its hard to give them to myself), taking my progesterone pills twice a day, and taking my prenatal pills and extra folic acid.  My dr said caffeine is ok but Im not having any of that either.  I even started eating salads (which I never liked in all my 31 years) and while I must admit Im still not a super huge fan I will do anything for this baby!!!  I am praying that the next 33 weeks go smoothly and then that the next 80 years of our babies life goes smoothly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment