Thursday, January 16, 2014

Working retail....the good stuff

So I may have mentioned before, but I work at a retail store.  Half of my job is spent doing back office stuff and the other half is spent working the registers.  Well, one of the hard parts about working the registers while I was pregnant with D was the number of customers who wanted to talk about my pregnancy.  Its not that I didn't want to talk about it, but I was such a nervous mess and most people just didn't get that.  I dreaded the, "is this your first child" question.  Well, over the course of my pregnancy I met a few nice ladies who asked about my pregnancy and then listened when I talked.  The other day one of the customers whom I had spoken with when I was about 8 months pregnant with D came back into the store.  She told me that my story had touched her and that when she left that day she said a prayer for me.  She also told me that when she went to church the next time she asked her fellow church goers to pray for me as well.  She said I was on the prayer list at church for several months.  She asked about D and I showed her photos.  She told me that she and her husband were never able to have children (not for a lack of trying) and that she was always sad about that.  That made me sad...she said that her husband had been gone for a few years now and she missed him dearly.  We talked for a few more minutes (we were REALLY SLOW so there were no other customers in line) and then she was on her way.  Before she left she told me that my story had touched her personally and that she will continue to pray for me and my family.  I thanked her profusely and told her that I hoped to see her again soon......

And after a crazy retail holiday season my faith in humanity has been restored!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment