Monday, February 18, 2013

Shower Time

"Cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow, for babies grow up we've learned to our sorrow.  So quite down cobwebs and dust go to sleep, Im rocking my baby and babies dont keep." ~It's a poem that was crocheted on a plaque that I saw at a garage sale when I was in 5th grade, just a few months after my little sister was born.  I thought it was so true that I made sure my mom bought it that day.

Our baby shower was on the 3rd.  It was a mix of emotions for me.  I think it is part of a ritual that seems to come with having a baby.  A part that became such a painful reminder with our years of infertility....I have avoided them for years actually.  To be honest, if it wasnt for DH I probably wouldnt have had a showe, at least not before the baby was born.  I was afraid I would jinx our pregnancy....in truth Ive been afraid the last 37 weeks......I dont want to get too aattached or excited, I needed to protect myself in case something goes wrong......Im terrified of going back to that dark place where I was in the days after Bristol was born......

After I got past the emotions of the shower day I was able to enjoy the day.  My best friend who planned the shower did a wonderful job.  It looked beautiful!!!  And, she listened to my original request and there were only a few games.  It was nice to spend the day with family and friends....especially the two friends who were really supportive of us when we lost Bristol.  And the fact that my eldest sister "forgot" to come to the shower didnt even dampen the mood.



No comments:

Post a Comment