Friday, March 29, 2013

One Month Old

**This post is baby related, so please feel free to skip it**

Wow, where has the time gone???  This past Monday, lil D turned one month old.  His one month check up was on Wednesday, and Im happy to say things are going well.  He has gained a few pounds and now officially weighs 10lbs.  He has also grown one inch and is now 22 inches long.  Though it doesnt sound like much, that one inch helps him fit into the 0-3 month clothes so much better.  He has reflux and is on medication for that.  He also has thrush, which is a yeast infection in the mouth, which is common in babies and is on medication for that.   We have found out that he is also lactose intolerant so he is on a soy formula instead of breastmilk.  That was hard...to feel like my body cannot provide the correct nutrients for my baby.  It felt like I was failing my baby all over again.  However, since he has started the soy formula he is much happier so that helps.  And Im happy to say that he even let me sleep for 5 straight hours last night.

I cannot believe how far I have come in just one year.  I mean last year at this time I was preparing to go back to work after losing Bristol.  And if you would have told me in one year Id be on leave with our second child I would have told you that you were crazy.  I am so thankful for him.  I think our miracle pregnancy just 11 weeks after losing Bristol helped me heal...I honestly believe that she is our guardian angel watching over us.  I tell lil D about his sister...about how much I love her and how she watches over us.  I want him to know her....

The other day DH and I were watching TV and I was holding my lil man...he grabbed hold of my necklace that holds Bristol's ashes and he held it for an hour.  My husband took this photo.....



I felt at that moment that all four of us were together.

No comments:

Post a Comment